Who uses an at-home basketball hoop? Well, just about everyone. Basketball really is a great game, and it’s one that appeals to such a wide range of people that it’s almost hard to list them all. People young and old, competitive or leisurely, almost everyone can have fun shooting hoops now and again. With a history going back more than a century, basketball has a rich heritage and is now one of the most popular games in the world. So it’s no surprise that more people than ever have a basketball hoop set up at their home, usually in the driveway. It’s a game for everyone.
- Kids love having a basketball hoop at home because it gives them something to do that almost never gets old. It gets them outside, it’s easy for friends to come over and play for even a few minutes, and it’s something they can play with a friend or sibling, or also by themselves.
- Parents love that their kids love shooting hoops. It’s good to get them away from the television, outside, and moving around. When they play in your own driveway, you don’t have to worry about where they are and if they’re safe. And it’s a good exercise that helps improve eye-hand coordination. That and once you buy the basketball hoop and ball, it costs nothing.
- Athletes who play basketball competitively—whether young kids in an after-school club, serious high school athletes on the varsity team or adults in a pickup league at the gym—can always benefit from practising at home.
- Exercisers looking for a change of pace love the chance to get outside (instead of inside at the gym) and get a workout that’s a little different. Basketball has physical benefits to muscle tone and strength, cardiovascular health, and aerobic health.
- Working adults need nothing more at the end of a long workday than to unwind. You know that if you plop down in front of the T.V. when you get home, you won’t want to get up. Shoot a few balls with the basketball hoop in your driveway, or play one on one with one of your kids, and you’ll not only unwind but be energized instead of more tired.