Without wasting time, I will show you the 8 best casio G-shock watch for military that you can choose from. If you are the type of person that likes a bit of adventure every now and again then you will always need the proper tools to bring on that adventure. A watch is more than just a watch these days, with built-in features that could no nearly anything that people can think of and with capabilities that make your adventure more convenient and more fun.
G shock is the household name for watches with its many varieties people can choose the perfect watch for them based on what they need, what they might use it for besides telling time and what they can afford. But when it comes to choosing the best G shock watches, the statement may just be a bit too general as G shock has created such a wide array of choices that the best would depend on category rather than an overall general overview.
In this G shock watches review, we highlight our top pick for specific watch capabilities depending on the watches different uses.
- 1 Top 8 Best Casio G-shock Watch For Military Reviewed
- 2 1. Casio Men’s GW-9400-1CR Master of G Stainless Steel Solar Watch – Best G Shock for Outdoors
- 3 2. Casio Men’s GD350-8 G Shock Grey Watch – Best G Shock Military Watch
- 4 3. Casio BLACK AND GOLD GRAVITYMASTER GPW-1000GB-1A – Best G Shock Aviation Watch
- 5 4. Casio Men’s G9300-1 Mudman G-Shock Shock Resistant Multi-Function Sport Watch – Best G Shock Diving Watch
- 6 5. Casio Men’s GD110-1 G-Shock Black Resin 60 Lap Digital Sport Watch – Best G Shock Watch for Running
- 7 5. Casio G-Shock Winter G-Lide GLS8900
- 8 6. Casio PRW-2500T-7CR Pro Trek
- 9 7. Casio G-Shock DW6900
- 10 8. Casio G-Shock Frogman GWF1000-1
- 11 How To Choose The Best Casio G-shock Watch For Military
Top 8 Best Casio G-shock Watch For Military Reviewed
1. Casio Men’s GW-9400-1CR Master of G Stainless Steel Solar Watch – Best G Shock for Outdoors
The term “outdoors” is a general term in itself but here what we mean is for roughing it like camping, hiking, hunting, or mountaineering. If you are n outdoorsy sort of person then you will be used to roughing it, and hence will need a watch that has the ability to rough it too. Our choice for the best outdoor watch has the following features:
- It is solar powered which means you wouldn’t have to worry about changing or running out of battery. The solar-powered feature works well for someone who is constantly outdoors and in contact with the sun.
- This watch has stainless steel displays and the needed level of versatility of the outdoors.
- Red plates around its textured pushers add a level of visibility to use when needed. This may not seem like an important feature but you are hanging off the side of a mountain then you will realize that it is.
- Besides the stainless steel quality, it also has a window made of mineral crystal for even more added versatility.
- This watch is water resistant up to 600 feet (200 meters) which is good for (non-professional) scuba diving.
- It has a digital compass displayed clearly on the face.
- Altimeter and barometer for measuring how high you may be going and the atmospheric pressure for your own safety.
- An automatic alarm for the sunset and sunrise to help you organize and manage the day’s activities.
- Other features to this watch include a stopwatch, countdown timer, calendar, and alarms.
2. Casio Men’s GD350-8 G Shock Grey Watch – Best G Shock Military Watch
All military watches need to adhere to KISS (keep it simple, stupid) standards set by the military for their own safety. G shock is the top choice for military watches and is used and preferred by most servicemen. But we have chosen this as out top choice for best G Shock watch for military use because of its capabilities and features while keeping it simple at the same time.
- This watch uses a vibration alert for alarms which is a very important feature for military watches. Unwanted noise is a big NO when on the field.
- A countdown timer which is another important and useful feature for servicemen.
- Stopwatch up to 100 seconds.
- Full calendar and the option to switch from 12 hours or 24-hour time formats.
- Button option to turn tones on or off.
- Battery life of up to 5 years with low battery warning.
- This watch also has a subtle, low key grey color.
3. Casio BLACK AND GOLD GRAVITYMASTER GPW-1000GB-1A – Best G Shock Aviation Watch
If very high altitudes are your thing like if you are a pilot or are into skydiving then the gravity master is for you. This choice is by far the best Casio G Shock for aviation because of its features that are unique to only aviation watches and that would bring pilots (and maybe even frequent travellers) a whole new perspective on convenience and comfort. The Gravitymaster is completely badass, in our opinion and includes the following features:
- The gravity master is enclosed in stainless steel, including its bezels for optimum durability.
- Its window is made of sapphire crystal, a very tough material that would keep the watch going no matter what gets thrown at it.
- This watch is solar powered so the user would never have to worry about battery replacement or getting a low battery while out. A solar-powered feature works well with an aviation watch as the user will almost always be outdoors.
- This watch is water resistant up to 200 meters. (water landing?)
- The best feature of this watch is its ability to catch GPS signal which means that wherever the user goes or even when flying over a different time zone, the watch would be able to catch the GPS signal of that area and change its time accordingly.
- This watch also features a stopwatch up to 20 seconds.
- It has a countdown timer of up to 24 hours, that’s one of the longest countdown timers in the G Shock series.
4. Casio Men’s G9300-1 Mudman G-Shock Shock Resistant Multi-Function Sport Watch – Best G Shock Diving Watch
Earlier, we mentioned an aviation watch for people that like soaring at high altitudes, now we feature the best watch for going down deep into the ocean. A diving watch would need much more than just a waterproof feature, the term “waterproof” might even be deceiving sometimes because what isn’t mentioned is that a waterproof watch can sometimes only handle being submerged for a certain amount of time. A diving watch would have no such time limit and can withstand depths, pressure, and temperature that the ocean brings.
- This watch is water resistant up to 660 feet or 200 meters, that’s the deepest that any Casio G Shock watch can go.
- This watch is capable of maintaining timekeeping accuracy through catching radio signals for time calibration.
- This happens automatically 6 times per day to keep time accurate.
- It has a thick 15.9 millimeter case to keep the watch safe against ocean deep pressure.
5. Casio Men’s GD110-1 G-Shock Black Resin 60 Lap Digital Sport Watch – Best G Shock Watch for Running
For every activity that a person may take a liking to or prefer, there will be different specifications for what is needed. Out of all the outdoor activities, running is the most common and the most preferred. And even if running specifically isn’t liked, it is still an integral part of many other activities. G Shock has created various running watches with features that cater to people who have taken a liking to this activity, our top choice includes the following features:
- This sports watch features a lap memory in order to add an element of convenience for people who like to go for a regular run.
- It has a stopwatch up to 100 seconds.
- A countdown timer up to 24 hours.
- The option to change the time format from 24 hours to 12 hours.
- The option to mute all alarms.
- Battery life lasting up to 7 years which is great as the inconvenience of having to change a battery or deal with a low battery will still be quite far off.
- This watch is also water resistant at G Shocks deepest capability at 660 feet or 200 meters.
G Shock has created a household name for itself in the general field for watches because of its provision of different features and specifications to cater to people’s individual needs and preferences. With the very wide range of choice that G Shock offers, you can definitely find what you need, what you want, and what is perfect for you. Get the best G Shock watches for all your different activities and allow yourself an added level of comfort and convenience while doing what you love.
Let’s face it. It’s not easy to find a G-Shock watch similar to one that you wearing proudly on your wrist, for your girlfriend or wife. I share the same sentiment as well. I want a “couple watch” that my girlfriend and I can wear together when we are out of dating, but my favourite Casio G-Shock series doesn’t have a lot of options when it comes to the women department. Fortunately, after days of searching, I found this one that I instantly knew I got to get this – the Casio G-Shock Winter G-Lide GLS8900.
Available with 4 different bright colors – pink, yellow, blue and black- each with titian detailing along the inner bezel, the watch will stand out with style.
It’s not all about appearance too, as the Casio G-Shock Winter G-Lide watch is designed for superior performance in winter sports like snowboarding and skiing. It has the ability to operate even in environments as low as – 20-degree Celsius and being part of the G-Shock series, it also carries the 200-metre water and shock resistance as well.
Even if you are not a winter sports athlete or spectator, the Casio G-Shock Winter G-Lide is still suitable for your lady, because the dual stopwatch function can be quite helpful when she is timing her cooking. The watch comes equipped with two high precision 1/1000 second stopwatches; capable of measuring elapsed ties and split times.
The only bad point I can think of is the reverse LCD black filter – white numbers on a black background, instead of the usual black numbers on a white background – but that isn’t a deal breaker because you can still read the time just fine due to its large digits. Besides, the Super Illuminator LED light will automatically be triggered when you happen to be in a low-light environment and turning your wrist around to look at the time. What that means is that it doesn’t affect time reading when you are out having romantic dinner dates with your loved one. Yay!
Compared to usual boring ladies timepieces from Michael Kors or Fossil, the Casio G-Shock Winter G-Lide brings out the adventurous and fun side in your loved one and although some may say that the G-Shock might not be suitable for work or serious occasion. I say that if you are particularly concerned about this point, you could choose the black version, which I personally bought for my girlfriend (or rather a fiancée). The black version looks more “toned-down” in terms of edginess and it becomes a watch that fits all occasion – be it work or outdoor fun.
Most importantly, most men like me have a common concern when buying gifts for women, and that is the budget. Fortunately, the Casio G-Shock Winter G-Lide GLS8900 will not break the bank as it only costs less, which I feel is a steal considering how beautiful the watch is, and how much innovations have been packed in there.
The Casio ProTrek PRW2500T-7CR was my a little Christmas present for myself and I took this chance to upgrade my Casio Men’s PAW1300T-7V Pathfinder I purchased about four years ago. Overall, I was blown over with its performance, though I’ll frankly say it’s far from perfection. Well, not many watches have entered my perfection list anyway.
It’s going to be a lengthy but insightful review, so be prepared.
Just like the other watches from the Protrek, it’s engineered to withstand extreme damage & wear, and it includes significant water resistance (20BAR, 200 meters). It has three sensors – temperature barometer, altimeter, and digital compass – as well as an atomic timekeeping feature. To nobody’s surprise, it is solar powered as the watch is expected to last for an extended period out in the outdoors. All and in all, all these features are nothing new, unless you are new to the Casio G-Shock scene.
Something I observed is that the temperature reading is not perfect though, with a small manual offset required when you are reading from it.
Compared to the old Protrek PAW1300T-7V that I had, the Casio ProTrek PRW2500T-7CR provides the new moon and tide data, and this is something to consider if this is what you’re looking for, or if you are into water sports.
The Casio ProTrek PRW2500T-7CR has a race countdown feature that isn’t talked much in the Casio website. The race countdown function allows you can set the sequence to 10 minute, 5 minute, 4 minute, and so on and so forth. Then, the watch beeps each minute until the last ten seconds. When the time hits the last 10 seconds, it beeps each second until the 0 seconds. On top of that, it is quite helpful to display the current time during the countdown as well.
Perhaps a more significant upgrade is the redesign of clock face display. The watch from the main screen, allows you to view the moon phase, day of the week, barometer graph, tide chart, date, and time without going into any mode.
Compared to the previous Protrek watches, which required you to trade the day of the week for a barometer graph or other exchanges of information, this is considered a huge improvement inconvenient for a quick glance. However, the time display has become smaller, so you’ll have to look harder for this view.
The physical built of the Casio ProTrek PRW2500T-7CR has also gotten a serious lift, with strong resin supporting around the stainless steel casing to ensure less denting and help maintain a water-resistant seal when possible. If you had a chance to get a feel of the watch, you will feel that the band connects to the watch face much more securely compared to the old PAW1300T. I feel confident enough to wear the watch to surf, bash through the wild, and enjoyed my outdoor fun without worrying a single bit.
The sensors and general timekeeping are reliable. Having said that, the atomic timekeeping is questionable, and I have to say I have not gotten an atomic time update yet. But again, my watch was always worn in a busy city environment on the 4th floor, not a rural one away from buildings where it’s mostly expected – not sure about that. Not a big deal breaker though, I’m okay if the time skips a second or even two.
The most glaring problem is probably the Casio’s 1-year warranty that comes with it. I think it deserves a 3 or 5-year warranty since they are very confident about their products after all.
Dressing like a celebrity doesn’t have to break the bank. Why am I talking about celebrities where I should be talking about the cool Casio G-Shock DW6900 watch? The reason is that famous celebrities like Justin Bieber, Pharrell William, Ke$ha, and many more are popular fans of the Casio G-Shock DW6900 watch and they have been seen proudly donning the watch in many music videos and outings. The reason they like the Casio G-Shock DW6900 is because of it’s trendy looking appearance – it’s available in dozens of different colors variation, whether you want eye-popping colors or toned-down colors which are suitable for formal occasions – and it’s not expensive (yes, celebrities don’t want to break the bank either).
It’s not all about looks for the Casio G-Shock DW6900. It comes with a suite of useful features depending on which model of DW6900 you are getting. Take a deep breath and let’s dive in to take a good look.
The classic Casio G-Shock DW6900, which I called it the Type A, are equipped with the list of standard G-Shock features – strong resin body frame, a tough mineral window that prevents scratch, 200 meters water and shock resistance, time, date, backlight – that makes it durable and reliable. It with several classic colors, as well as some combinations of bold colors because the Casio G-Shock GW6900 is such a popular “staple” watch that it is being re-designed for special occasions and events.
Now, if you like the design of the Casio G-Shock DW6900 but want to have a little more features than just the standard ones, you can consider the second kind which I call it the Type B. These models of the Casio G-Shock DW6900 are equipped with solar charging and atomic timekeeping. With solar charging, you can say goodbye to battery replacement forever, as the battery will be charged without you noticing it when your watch is exposed under the light. The atomic timekeeping is a pretty cool feature that enables the watch to automatically synchronise the time with one of the transmitting stations sitting all around the world. Or in short, you will never miss a beat.
If you are a military personnel, fan of military stuff, or an outdoor person, you might like the third kind of Casio G-Shock DW6900, which I call it the Type C. It has the same functions as the Type A, but comes with many different colors and designs -camouflage pattern, desert sand color, black,grey-which are suitable for military use. I like it the fact that they are in matt finish, which is important if you are out in the terrain – you wouldn’t want to stand out with a shiny watch – or at the very least, the matt-looking appearance reminds me of the cool Batmobile.
Finally, we have the final type of Casio G-Shock DW6900, which is Casio’s latest solution for smartwatches and I personally feel that Casio has packed the most number of the latest technology in these model compared to other Casio watches. Featuring the new G-Shock Bluetooth Low Energy technology, it enables the watch to talk to your iPhone or Android phone. Coupled with a vibrator – you don’t see that in usual Casio G-Shock – and a LED backlight, it could notify you with a vibration and blinking a light when you have an incoming call, new email in your inbox, or even notifications from Facebook! What is more fascinating is that despite the huge number of cool features it can do, the battery can last up to a lengthy 2 years, all due to the huge experience in low energy electronics Casio has accumulated for decades.
Whatever your choice is, the Casio DW6900 is a reliable watch that fits every pocket and fashion style. I personally have collected 3 DW6900 from Amazon and I’m currently aiming for more limited edition ones. Join me in my collection and let me know if you have a collection too!
After having collected and regretfully sold the GWN 1000 Gulfmaster, which I personally think its the closest thing you could find to the Frogman GWF1000-1, to make some cash for my new collection which consists of GW A1100 Gravitymaster, GW9300 Mudman, GW 9400 Rangeman and GW7900B1 Rescue, I concluded that all solar atomic GSHOCKs were essentially the same at the core of their technology. Duh? What’s so strange about that?
However, when I first received my Frogman GWF1000-1 as a gift from my then-girlfriend, my impression of what a GSHOCK can be has is through the roof. I knew this watch was cool and special before I buy it. In fact, I have been saving up and clearing some collectable Casio G-Shock to make some cash for this holy grail of Masters of G. But turns out that my then-girlfriend shorten my agony for me.
Anyway, back to the watch, upon opening the tin, my expectations that have been building up for all these while were exceeded. In short, this watch is fabulous.
Firstly, the display is not only crystal-clear but is also as deep as the Aviation series of G-Shock. I have reviewed an Aviation G-Shock before, you can read it here. If I could send a wish to Casio, it would be to enforce the watch screen with a sapphire crystal, even better, an anti-glare coating on the mineral crystal to add that extra tier of class to it.
Secondly, the Frogman GWF1000-1 is relatively huge for my wrist. Maybe I have a small wrist – 7.25 inch – but overall I think I like the fit on my wrist. The remaining strap bit does not hang over either side of my wrist, but there are definitely some small gaps between the corners of my wrist and the junctions where the straps and case meet. You know what I’m saying. In short, it might be a little big for you if you have a wrist smaller than 7 inches.
The Frogman GWF1000-1 is an incredible fusion of practical, tactical and fashion. It has become my reliable partner – whether I am working at the desk or enduring through the boot camp. It’s a watch for all occasions if you’re a man who is confident enough to wear such a bold, yet timeless timepiece.
It’s packed with useful features such as solar powered (no battery forever, yay!), atomic time, tide graph, moon phase, and many more. The most unique feature is probably the dive mode. What it means is that you can time your dives and logs it, and on top of that you can also use this feature as a stopwatch. The usual stopwatch mode doesn’t show the current time, and this dive mode is a stopwatch that shows current time as well, so it’s extremely helpful. Wait, there’s more! Whenever you begin your dive mode stopwatch, it will give you the exact start time and start date, and when you have stopped, it records it down, up to 10 logs.
How To Choose The Best Casio G-shock Watch For Military
When we think of watches, we realize nowadays they are mainly considered as an accessory, and as an accessory they must fit to the occasion, so you may be asking yourself, ‘’then, why should I get a military watch?’’ most of the people who know about this would answer, ‘’because it could save your life’’, and if you think I’m going to do the same here, well, you are absolutely right. This kind of watch has very specific features, that sport, or any other type watches don’t have, this watches are made for extreme environments, in order to help us under unwanted circumstances, like, for example getting lost in the woods or the jungle, or to avoid such scenarios.
One of the main characteristics we’re looking for, is a great durability, so we can trip and fall, and roll over ourselves and check out the watch with not even a scratch, we’re (as it says on the title) looking for military durability, something that can take a stone to the screen and keep working perfectly. Though we should include waterproof in this feature, we’re going to say it apart so you won’t forget, water proof feature is as important as its durability, it’s kind of dumb thinking of a super durable and unbreakable watch that dies every time a drop of water touches it, that’s not the kind of watch I’d suggest to anyone, or would keep for myself.
Another feature that cannot be missed is the battery life, even though most of the watches have long life batteries, we have to check on them, some of these have batteries that could last a year. Having a good tactical watch could save your skin more than once, there are many special features, that, depending on what you need could make you decide for one model or the other, some of them are:
- GPS, so you know where you’re, and avoiding getting lost
- Compass, kind of like the GPS, but it won’t hurt having a backup, or other option
- Altimeter, if you like hiking, or climbing you’ll for sure use this feature
- The barometer can give you heads up if a storm is coming, giving you time to shelter
- Sunrise or sundown times, to avoid going out in the night when hiking, or to know when to get back
- Weather alerts, obviously to know how’s going to be weather during the day.
And many other features. So, it would not be so bad having one of those when you get lost in the forest and your phone is dead, would it? If you want some other tips, we would recommend you to get watches that have an atomic clock: they update the hour every certain time to give you extra accuracy on time, and also check what kind of battery for your watch would suit you better, because there are Traditional batteries, the one that most watches use, Lithium batteries, and solar-powered batteries that have unlimited life. We have come to the end of this guide, hope you will be able to choose for yourself the best casio G-shock watch for military.